Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
Today I have another delicious chicken recipe for you.
Again the recipe calls for chicken thighs. You can use bone-in and pick out the bones as you eat, or go ahead and buy boneless, skinless chicken thighs which is what I typically do. We would rather not deal with the bones!
I’ve also made this with chicken breast (cut into quarters before cooking) and chicken tenders. Both versions worked out fine, but we preferred the taste of the chicken thighs.
Slow Cooker Orange Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
- slow cooker
- 4 sweet potatoes cleaned and coarse cut
- 6 chicken thighs skin off
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put prepared sweet potatoes in crockpot, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange chicken thighs on top of sweet potatoes, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix orange marmalade and chicken broth together in a separate bowl, then pour over the chicken.
- Set crockpot to LOW and cook covered for 6 to 8 hours.
- Spoon sauce over top of the chicken when serving. Serve alongside steamed kale for a complete meal.
You can also use other greens like spinach!
If you want the recipes from this month in your mailbox, sign up here: Slow Cooker Challenge
Loving Life — The Reboot!