I have yet to come across someone who doesn’t love spaghetti. It’s a crowd-pleasing, quick and easy meal any day of the week – but even easier when you can make it all in the slow cooker. Best of all the sauce is made from scratch, allowing me to control seasonings and what goes in it.
Quick Tip – brown the ground beef as soon as you get back from the store and store it in the fridge or freezer. Just grab it (thaw if needed) and put in your slow cooker for easy meal prep.
Slow Cooker Spaghetti
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 6 cups tomato juice
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 29 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms sliced
- 3 tsp. dried Italian seasonings
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 16 oz. box angel hair pasta, broken
- Brown ground beef, drain and add to 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- Add all remaining ingredients except for the pasta. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or low 4-5 hours.
- During the last half hour of cooking stir in the broken pasta. It will cook to perfection right there in the slow cooker.
If you want the recipes from this month in your mailbox, sign up here: Slow Cooker Challenge
Loving Life — The Reboot!