Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.,
Another day, another named day!
This one is called National Muffin Day — February 20th. It sounds like a fun one, right? I missed it by one day but I think you will forgive me after you make this recipe!
There are so many different types of muffins out there. Do you have a favorite muffin recipe?
I have one that may just become that favorite one for you. It incorporates 2 of our favorite things — bananas and nuts!
Banana Nut Muffins
- muffin tin
- mixing bowl
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 3 bananas mashed
- ¼ c. unsalted butter melted
- ¼ c. while milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 t. vanilla
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ½ c. sugar
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 c. walnuts chopped + extra to top muffins before baking, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a standard muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add the mashed bananas, melted butter, and milk to a large mixing bowl. Mix to combine.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla, and then the brown sugar.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and fold in until just mixed. Then, fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Fill muffin pan cups to about 4/5 full. Top with additional walnuts, if desired.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool for at least 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Loving Life — The Reboot!
This article provides general information and discussion about health and related subjects. The information and other content provided in this article, or in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. Consult your own physician for any medical issues that you may be having.