Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.,
June 20th is National Vanilla Milkshake Day.
I know it is summertime but doesn’t it seem like there are a lot of ice cream days this month?
Not that I am complaining — at all! But ice cream is a star player in quite a few national days in June.
Today’s star is the vanilla milkshake. Seems basic right? Today’s recipe adds a bit of flair so that the basic vanilla milkshake becomes a full-fledged dessert.
A little chocolate and sprinkles around the rim. Whipped cream and a cherry?
Definitely a delicious summertime dessert.
Pro-Tip: The in-process photos for this recipe show how the ramekin is positioned prior to melting the chocolate chips. This reduces the number of chocolate chips needed to achieve the required depth for dipping. Increase the number of chocolate chips if not using this technique.
Maybe you should make this dessert this weekend for Father’s Day!
Thick & Creamy Vanilla Milkshakes
- 1/3 c. rainbow sprinkles
- ¼ c. mini-chocolate chips*
- 3 c. vanilla ice cream
- 1 t. real vanilla extract
- 1/3 c. whole milk**
- Whipped cream
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Maraschino cherries
- Pour rainbow sprinkles onto a shallow plate.
- Place a small ramekin, topside down, inside a small bowl wide enough to fit the top of each serving glass, as shown.
- Pour the mini-chocolate chips around the ramekin. (If unavailable, add one-half cup chocolate chips directly to the bowl.). Microwave on 50% power just until the chips melt, approximately 2-3 minutes. Check after 90 seconds to determine total microwave time.
- Remove from microwave and carefully break up any remaining solid pieces of chocolate with a fork.
- Dip the tops of each glass into the melted chocolate.
- Then roll the chocolate-coated edge in the rainbow sprinkles. Roll each glass edge until uniformly coated. Turn upright and set aside to dry.
- Add the ice cream, vanilla extract, and milk to a blender and blend until smooth. Add a little additional milk to reach the desired consistency, if desired.
- To serve, pour the milkshake into the prepared glasses and top with whipped cream, additional sprinkles, and a maraschino cherry. Enjoy!
Loving Life — The Reboot!