Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
Have you been using your slow cooker this month? This year in Texas, it seems to be chillier than usual.
Perfect weather for whipping up a catch of chili or soup for every day.
In previous years, I would ask if you were going to have a big Championship party over the next few weekends to go with the big Pro football games coming up.
But now I will ask about your small family gatherings? Are you having any of those?
If so, here is a simple recipe for Spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip in the SLOW COOKER!
Very little hands-on work and a crowd-pleaser.
This quick and easy appetizer is perfect for tail-gaiting parties and other informal get-togethers. Just toss all the ingredients into a slow cooker crock, turn it on, and voila! You have a tasty and delicious dish your guests will love.
The amount of heat can be adjusted easily to suit individual tastes by increasing or decreasing the amount of hot sauce and jalapeno used. Although the serving suggestions offered below are gluten-free, this tasty dip can also be served with crackers or crusty bread.
Spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ c. chicken broth preferably organic*
- 3 stalks celery very finely chopped
- 2 8- oz. packages cream cheese
- ¾ c. Frank’s hot sauce
- 1 small jalapeno pepper finely minced
- 6 oz. crumbled blue cheese divided
- 1 c. Mozzarella cheese finely shredded
- 3 green onions tops sliced (optional)
- 1 small jalapeno sliced (optional)
- To Serve:
- Celery stalks
- Carrot sticks
- Season chicken breasts with salt and black pepper, to taste. Add chicken breasts, broth, celery, cream cheese, hot sauce, jalapeno pepper, and 4 oz. crumbled blue cheese to the crock of a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or 6-7 hours on low.
- 30 minutes before serving, remove lid and shred chicken using two forks. Add shredded Mozzarella cheese and stir to combine. Add cover and continue cooking until cheese is completely melted.
- Remove lid and garnish dip with remaining blue cheese, sliced green onions, or jalapeno, if desired. Keep warm and serve with celery stalks and carrot sticks.
Let me know in the comments if you try this!
Loving Life — The Reboot!