Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
Most bread is high in calories and carbs and low in nutritional value, promoting an unhealthy diet and extra weight. It also contains gluten that many as twenty million Americans are sensitive to. Gluten intolerance can cause inflammation, brain fog, and digestive problems that make it hard to maintain a healthy diet or lifestyle. Fortunately, many alternatives to bread are still just as delicious yet full of nutrients that keep you full and healthy.
The following are seven bread alternatives to try for a healthier diet:
- Ezekial Bread—You’ll find this in the refrigerator section of most grocery stores these days. Don’t be fooled. This is a delicious bread that is very healthy and also tastes wonderful.
- Lettuce or Other Leafy Greens—Wrapping your protein or veggies in lettuce, cabbage, spinach, or even kale is a wonderful way to enjoy a meal or a snack.
- Cauliflower Bread or Pizza Crust—Try using different vegetable or protein-based crusts or bread and then go nuts on the toppings.
- Portobello Mushrooms—Make your next pizza with a portobello mushroom as the crust. Just top with all your toppings and pop in the toaster oven or your big oven until the cheese is melted and enjoy.
- Rice Paper—If you haven’t tried using rice paper as a wrapper for all the delicious ingredients, you can imagine you’re missing out. The rice paper offers a nice neutral base for all the flavors you love, whether meat-based or veggie-based.
- Bell Peppers—Core your bell peppers, fill with lentils, spices, sauce, and a sprinkle of cheese, and then bake or broil to melt the cheese. You don’t need much cheese to make the flavor pop.
- Zucchini Bread—You can use zucchini in a healthy kitchen in so many ways, from making zucchini fries to zucchini pie, to you guessed it, zucchini bread. Find a recipe for zucchini bread today, and it will change your life.
Take your time as you discover which bread alternative you like best. Just because you don’t want one doesn’t mean you won’t find a different one enjoyable. Remember, while the taste is important, so is your heart and much more. In other words, ditching bread for these alternatives is essential for a healthy heart and full life.
Loving Life — The Reboot!