Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
I remember I didn’t like hot sauce when I was a child. But my tastes have evolved and hot sauces can add a twang to all kinds of dishes. Like Mac and Cheese (Thanks Emeril!)
Here we have tender pork chops with a “hot sauce”-based sauce! Yum! If you want more of a kick, switch to a different hot sauce like Tabasco or something else that you enjoy.
Experiment and make it your own!
Louisiana Hot Sauce Pork Chops
- slow cooker
- 1 16 oz. can of stewed tomatoes
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash of Louisiana hot sauce
- 1/4 C dry white wine
- 1 onion sliced thin
- 1 green bell pepper sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 boneless pork chops 1/2 inch thick
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/4 C cold water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Place the tomatoes into the bottom of the crockpot. Pour in the lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and wine and stir until blended together well.
- Spray a skillet well with a nonstick cooking spray. Place the skillet over medium-high heat and add the onion, bell peppers and garlic. Sauté for 4 minutes or until the onions begin to turn a golden brown. Spoon the mixture into the crockpot and stir to combine.
- Spray the skillet again and return to medium-high heat. Sprinkle the pork chops evenly with the pepper. Brown the chops for 3 minutes then turn. Continue browning for 2 minutes then transfer the chops to the crockpot. Cover and cook on low 9 hours or until the chops are cooked through.
- Remove the pork chops from the crockpot and place on a platter. Keep the chops warm.
- In a bowl whisk together the cold water and cornstarch until smooth. Whisk the mixture into the sauce and continue whisking for 2 minutes or until the sauce has thickened to your liking.
- Makes 4 servings
Tabasco sauce instead.
If you want the recipes from this month in your mailbox, sign up here: Slow Cooker Challenge,
We have made it to the end of the slow cooker challenge. I hope you have enjoyed the recipes. I hope you are using your slow cooker more and experimenting to see what you can come up with!
Loving Life — The Reboot!