Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.,
I have had an InstaPot® for a long time. I haven’t used it all that much.
It’s my mother’s fault.
My mother had a pressure cooker when I was a child. It was one of the older pressure cookers — one that had manual pressure release. She used it when she was canning — especially the year my father had his huge garden.
She was uncomfortable with it to say the least.
When I bought my pressure cooker, she put the fear of the pressure cooker in me. Even though the new pressure cookers are much safer, she got into my head again. Mothers can be good with that right? 🤷🏽
So, I am reluctant to use it even though it would make my life and dinnertime easier. I do but I know I could do better.
This recipe could make me be a bit more diligent about using my InstaPot®. Why — because I love salads with chicken and I love the combination of sweet fruit with salty cheese. And you know how I feel about pecans…
Yum. Anything to get my chicken on my plate faster. The only other thing I might try is to add bacon…
Instant Pot® Chicken Salad with Strawberries, Feta, & Pecans
- Instant Pot®
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ t. garlic powder
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- ½ c. chicken broth or water
- 5 c. mixed salad greens
- ½ pint fresh strawberries sliced
- 2 oz. Feta cheese cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 oz. pecan halves
- ¼ c. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. balsamic vinegar
- 1 t. Dijon mustard
- ½ T. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ t. garlic powder
- Pinch sea salt
- Optional: 1 t. honey
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot® and select the Sauté function.
- Season chicken on both sides with the garlic powder, plus salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Set to high and once the display reads “hot,” add chicken breasts.
- Sear chicken breasts on each side until golden brown, approximately 4-5 minutes per side. Remove from Instant Pot® and set aside. Add chicken broth and deglaze the bottom of the pot by gently scraping with a rubber spatula.
- Add the metal trivet that comes with the Instant Pot® and place the chicken breasts on top. Add the lid and set the pressure valve to “sealing.” Select the “Manual” cooking option on the high setting and set cook time to 8 minutes. When done cooking, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the dressing by combining all ingredients in a container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Cover tightly and shake until well combined. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. Set aside.
- Remove chicken from Instant Pot® and let rest for a few minutes, then shred with two forks. Reserve cooking liquid from the pot to use in other recipes or freeze for later use.
- Arrange mixed salad greens on a platter and top with the shredded chicken, sliced strawberries, Feta cheese, and pecans.
- sliced strawberries
- Feta cheese and pecans
- Drizzle the balsamic dressing on top and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Let me know in the comments how the recipe works for you!
Loving Life — The Reboot!