Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.,
I am having a tough time today. I had to place my father into hospice care yesterday.
Still rather raw — I will have a post about it at a later date.
So. today is National Shrimp Day. I have written about my love/hate relationship with shrimp. Even if I can’t eat it, there are plenty of people who love shrimp.
Here’s a different recipe for shrimp lovers…
Shrimp Saganaki is a quick and easy Greek appetizer that is often served with crusty bread to scoop up the savory tomato sauce. For a gluten-free main course, serve on a bed of cooked zucchini noodles, rice, or quinoa instead.
- large skillet
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion finely chopped
- ¼ c. dry white wine
- 1 15- oz. can crushed tomatoes
- ½ c. Kalamata olives chopped
- 1 t. dried dill
- 1 t. dried Greek oregano
- ½ t. crushed red chili flakes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 lb. large 16/20 ct. shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3 T. fresh parsley leaves chopped and divided
- 4 oz. Feta cheese crumbled
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and red onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion softens and starts to turn golden brown.
- Add white wine to deglaze the bottom of the skillet, scraping up any brown bits with a spatula.
- Reduce heat to medium and add crushed tomatoes, olives, dill, oregano, and red chili flakes. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp and 2 tablespoons of the parsley. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until shrimp just turns pink. Do not overcook the shrimp.
- Remove from heat and adjust seasonings, to taste. To serve, transfer to a serving dish and top with remaining fresh parsley and crumbled Feta cheese. Enjoy!
Loving Life — The Reboot!