Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
This recipe is a bit different from your standard French toast recipe.
This French toast is simply divine if you love coconut. As the bread cooks and the coconut toasts, it smells heavenly. The toasted coconut mixed with the sweetness of the berries and maple syrup is sure to bring a smile to your face—what a great way to start your day.
Here’s the recipe! It’s also a great breakfast for those cold winter days. You may feel like you are hanging out in a warmer place! A bit tropical if you will…
Coconut French Toast
- 1 T. coconut oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 c. coconut milk
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ t. salt
- 8 thick slices stale sourdough bread or any sturdy bread of choice
- 1 c. unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 t. butter for serving
- 4 T. real maple syrup for serving
- 2 c. fresh berries for serving
- Heat oven to 200°F. Heat large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add coconut oil.
- Whisk eggs, coconut milk, vanilla, and salt in a shallow dish. Place shredded coconut in a separate shallow dish.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, turning to coat both sides. Transfer to the dish of coconut and press lightly. Flip to coat bread with shredded coconut evenly on both sides.
- Add bread to hot skillet and cook until golden and crisp on both sides, 4-5 minutes per side. Place cooked slices of French toast on cooling rack over a sheet pan and transfer to oven to keep warm. Continue working in batches until all pieces of bread are cooked.
- Plate 2 slices of French toast per person. Top with butter, maple syrup, and fresh berries. Enjoy!
Let us know if you make this in the comments! I can’t wait to see how it went!
Loving Life — The Reboot!