Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
Originally Published September 26, 2022. Updated on February 20, 2023.
It’s National Pancake Week.
I grew up eating a lot of pancakes as a child, but we really didn’t vary with the recipe. basic fluffy pancakes with maple syrup.
It’s a great starting place, right?
But we really didn’t consider the many different ways to make pancakes when I was a kid. So this post will be a pancake recipe round-up with one new recipe — Coconut Flour Pancakes.
Coconut Flour Pancakes
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1½ T. pure maple syrup
- 3 T. very mild olive oil
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- ½ c. coconut milk
- 1/3 c. coconut flour sifted
- ½ t. baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 3 T. coconut oil divided
- 1 large banana sliced
- 2 c. fresh raspberries
- Real maple syrup for serving
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg, egg whites, maple syrup, olive oil, and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour in the coconut milk and whisk to combine.
- Add the sifted coconut flour, baking powder, and a small pinch of salt. Gently fold in the dry ingredients without overworking the batter.
- Melt about a teaspoon of coconut oil in a large, hot non-stick skillet or griddle and pour 2-3 tablespoons of batter per pancake. Cook until the pancakes are set and the edges turn a deeper golden color, around 1-2 minutes.
- Flip and cook the remaining side another 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from heat and repeat this process with the remaining batter.
- To serve, stack several pancakes and top with sliced banana, raspberries, and drizzle with real maple syrup, if desired. Enjoy!
Loving Life — The Reboot!