Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.,
It’s National Irish Coffee Day! So here is a twist on Irish coffee with pumpkin spice you can celebrate with!
Pumpkin pie spice is one of the quintessential flavors of fall. Although you can buy containers of this popular spice, it only takes a couple of minutes to whip up your own using ingredients you probably already have on hand. Use what you need and store the rest in an airtight container for several weeks – if it lasts that long!
If you can’t get enough of this classic flavor, this recipe combines it with hot coffee, Irish cream, and delicious homemade whipped cream for a cozy and satisfying adults-only treat. Enjoy it on this day and whenever!!
Pumpkin Spice Irish Coffee
Homemade Whipped Cream ingredients:
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2 T. real maple syrup
Pumpkin Pie Spice:
- 3 T. cinnamon
- 1 T. ground ginger
- 1 T. ground nutmeg
- 2 t. ground allspice
- 2 t. ground cloves
Pumpkin Pie Spice Irish Coffee:
- 1 T. pumpkin pie spice
- 16 oz. freshly brewed hot coffee
- 8 oz. Irish Crème
- additional pumpkin pie spice for garnish
- * substitute pre-made whipped cream if preferred.
- In a large glass bowl, blend 1 pint of heavy whipping cream with a hand mixer or immersion blender until it doubles in size and changes texture. Then, drizzle maple syrup into the bowl and continue blending until the mixture is light and fluffy. Set aside.
- Combine the pumpkin pie spice ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Before brewing, sprinkle fresh coffee grounds with one tablespoon pumpkin pie spice and gently shake to evenly combine the mixture. Brew spiced coffee grounds as usual.
- Pour 2 oz. Irish Cream into each cup and top with 4 oz. of freshly brewed coffee. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice before serving. Enjoy!
Loving Life — The Reboot!