November is National Pepper Month.
How to celebrate? With everything else that is going on this month the easier thing to do is to incorporate some peppers into your diet. Today’s recipe uses poblano peppers and an Instant Pot®.
How easy is that?
Instant Pot® Stuffed Poblano Pepper Soup
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium red onion diced
- 2 large Poblano peppers seeded and diced
- 2 t. garlic powder minced
- 1 T. Italian seasoning
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 3½ c. beef or chicken broth preferably organic
- 1 28- oz. can crushed tomatoes with liquid
- 1 c. long-grain brown rice uncooked
- 3 T. fresh parsley chopped
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot® and select the Sauté function. Set to high and once the display reads “hot,” add red onion, Poblano peppers, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring continually, until the onions and pepper soften and develop a bit of color, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer veggie mixture to a medium bowl. Add ground beef and brown for 3-4 minutes, or until no longer pink inside, stirring occasionally. Turn the unit off and carefully drain any excess fat from the container.
- Pour sautéed veggies on top of the browned beef. Add broth, crushed tomatoes, and brown rice. Stir to combine and season with salt and black pepper, as desired.
- Add the lid and set the pressure valve to “sealing.” Select the “Manual” cooking option on the high setting and set cook time to 20 minutes. When done cooking, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- To serve, transfer soup to individual bowls and garnish with fresh chopped parsley, if desired. Enjoy!
Here’s another pepper recipe: Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers
Do you want to know more about peppers? Check this post out.
Loving Life — The Reboot!