Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.,
I am a Southern woman of color. The past two weeks have been incredibly scary and uplifting at the same time.
Disturbing and soul-stirring…
I have a teenage son who is going off to college in a couple of months (maybe — COVID may have something to say about that!) We have had the talk many times — more now since he is driving. I have always known that his leaving the house would be bittersweet — happy he is moving on towards his dreams but afraid of his being out in the world.
We talked about what happened in Minneapolis over 2 weeks ago. He understands . It kind of drains his joy about college (so does COVID but that another story).
I am cautiously happy about the outpouring of support. I can only hope that this will continue and that something good will come of something so senseless. In the meantime, we have the talk over and over and try to cover our fear and encourage him to go for his dreams.
And we drink lots of tea. Especially today on National Iced Tea Day.
My husband’s tea may be spiked but my tea is just tea. We have a lot of different tea types around here because we really like tea. Tea also reminds me of home and what seemed like an easier time when I was younger. My mom made tea every Sunday (at least). It’s comforting.
I also like flavored teas so I am pretty excited about the recipe I am sharing today.
Ginger-Peach Iced Tea
A sweet taste of peaches, a kick of ginger…brings you ginger-peach iced tea!
Beat the heat this summer with this refreshingly fruity iced tea. The best part? This quick and easy Instant Pot version is ready to enjoy in under 30 minutes!
Ginger-Peach Iced Tea
- 8 c. water
- 6 organic black tea bags paper tags removed
- 4 fresh peaches pitted and cut into chunks
- 1 T. fresh ginger finely minced
- Local honey to taste
- 1 fresh peach cut into thin slices
- 6-8 fresh mint sprigs
- Add water, tea bags, peaches, and fresh ginger to Instant Pot and stir to combine.
- Add lid and lock into place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting on normal for 5 minutes.
- When finished, allow pressure to release naturally (NR) for 10-15 minutes, then do a quick release (QR) to allow the remaining pressure to escape.
- Carefully strain hot tea mixture with a fine-mesh strainer to remove the solids. Pour the remaining liquid into a large, heat-resistant pitcher.
- Sweeten with honey, to taste, and stir to combine. Cool slightly before serving over ice with peach slices and sprigs of fresh mint, if desired. Enjoy!
Tip: Remove tea bags as soon as the pressure has been fully released to prevent bitterness. If you prefer stronger tea and want to leave the bags in longer, add a pinch of baking soda prior to brewing.
You can also tweak your sweetness here. While I love super sweet tea, I have to show some restraint!
Let me know what you think in the comments!
Loving Life — The Reboot!